Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lineage 2. First look

Hey, have you ever heard about Lineage2?

I've spent almost 5 years playing it on few different servers. I've played on few private servers, multiple time starting over with nothing. High rates, low rates, only pvp, official servers and those private. All you want. I've seen and lived few servers close, I was a part of huge clan wars. I was even small clan's leader. My primary goal was to play and have as much fun as possible.

What I am going to say is I've spent a lot of time in this game and do not regret any of it. I remmember logging to my clan's Team Speak channel, and spend whole nights just playing - chating, killing Raid Bosses, going on PvP, Coliseum events, exping - just having fun with friends.

Now, when a lot of people left my favourite private server I've decided to finish with L2, but I must say I am missing it everyday! L2 was a great part of my life, and almost a daily few-hours routine. :)

Making L2 free was a great supprise not only for me, but also amazing news for Lineage 2 fans.
When Lineage 2 become truly free, and part of my friends, (and huge part of server) left, I've decided to quit L2.

I've tried to play on official server, but the thing was I didn't really wanted to start over again. I've made so many supportive chars ready to use, many accounts to camp Raid Bossess, characters ready to transfer Olympiad points on my old server, invested so much time in doing that things, so leaving it and starting on another server would mean waste of time.

All of this have no matter now, this blog is about how I found myself in Lineage 2 world. You will find here mostly memories about how cool Lineage 2 was in early chronicles, and what it is now. :)

From the beginning!

When my cousin borrowed me a Lineage2 CD-ROM I didn't even expected I will play in such game longer then a week. That was times when online games was not that popular. Teaching me what is Lineage2 about took him like few good hours to explain basics.

Now it is time to show you some of my Lineage 2 first times:

My first private server was Dragon-Networks, Nightmare 30x. What decided? If i remmember well after logging in, you could choose from the list your server, and there was like 5 servers:
  • Nightmage 30x
  • Dragon 15x
  • Infinity 5x
I belive 2 other was 50x Judgment (or something like that) and? Have no idea ATM. :P

Anyway Dragon-Network was one of the most popular private Lineage 2 server networks, so when I was deciding which server will be my first, only one on five was with yellow (normal) status. I mean 4 other server was with red - heavy traffic status, and I could not login to those.

Nightmare was on 'good' status, with medium rates (like i knew what that number means), so it was the only server I could log in and play right after installation and patching my first C4 L2 client. :)

My first char.

It was very fancy human warrior.

What is the worst thing when you are starting on a new server, and have absolutety no idea what to do after killing gramlins?


I was like 19 level when I've decided to move forward and leave The Talking Island! Now (if not that screens below) I would not belive that. For me it was a very new thing - in every game I was playing before, I was always exploring every inch of map looking for hidden secrets and treasures.

In this case, on The Talking Island there was not very much places to explore, I've failed few times to kill a demon in ruins. After few tries I spent all my adena on armor and two-handed sword. So, finally, I was able to kill that demon and go ahead.

Next problem to solve was: 'blue' minions are not giving very much exp or drop. So obvious thing was to move to another location, the problem was Gatekeepers fee. I've spent all my adena for no-grades and almost nothing have left, for sure not for GK. So I could not leave that island! I know I was noob, newbie etc., but it was some bigger problem at this point of game to solve.

You might think with 19 level I could swim over the water. No! I was not able to swim over. In about half way, lack of oxigen and HP makes me return to The Talking Island spawn.

Thanks to my cousin, who told me to buy a ticket and try with a ferry. It worked great and I could finally move to next village - Gludin (or Gludio?).

In this very day I've also learned about soulshots, how to use them and how to turn them automatically on.

DAMN 18 LEVELS HOLDING F6 IN EVERY BATTLE!! :D






Now it is actually very funny story. My cousin always laugh at me when we are back in Lineage 2 times. :)

Few first random screenshots from my archive. In C4 times guy in MJ Heavy SET was like a god.









1 comment: