Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Trick to last hit quest Raid Boss

Alright, well today we will move back to September / October of 2009 in Dragon Network, Nightmare 30x server!

In this short stricly - selected mix of about 50 screenshot, you can see how it was... OK, I won't make this introduction any longer and let's begin...


In the first two screenshots you can see two characters which belongs to me, and one to my amazing cousin (his fists got nicer shine couse of augumentation :P). We are going to exp in Varka SIlenos... yay!




Some guy soloing Quest Raid Boss.




My inventory with quest horn :P Every gained horn was like a special event to me, so I've screenshooted most of them. :P

At least till time when GM made his special event where every character on server got it. And for me that event was like another good reason to quit that server / game.

I made like a lot of characters on that server - most of them were DN subbed, retailed, noblessed and every horn was quite a challenge (for sure few first, later I work out few tricks to make it easier).

Making new characters was always fun to me, killing mobs for exp, and doing all those quests. I had need to try as many combinations as I can, and I think I made all I wanted to do and try.

Now, after over a year of non playing, and just write about it, it is still very enjoyable - watching those screens reminds me that great times and gives me almost the same fun.




I was playing games before Lineage 2, but when you see a Raid Boss like 15 times bigger then your character that barely fits to your screenshot it always was 'WOW... it's huge'...


Pretenders to quest horn. :)


+7 noobs :D Haven't seen it later, so probably it broke later :P


Resting.

Female human warrior in majestic heavy set... could watch all the time, because I love that view.



This one looks interesting.














Trick to last hit quest Raid Boss

One of the tricks to last hit Golkonda - early stage.

I've spend a lot of time trying to get horn and for very long time I had no luck. After I changed my computer to new one, it was much, much easier. The thing was I had too weak items to solo it, or just to last hit (there were always many pretenders). It's might look like a cheat, but there is no rule that says you can't make that, so...

Screens explains a lot but not everything...

First, you will need probably some overpowered character that have something what gives you some advantage over other players. Destroyer was just great for it, and in my case he made for me few horns.

My Destro was on 76th level, and that was because it was optimal level for hitting Golkonda (equal levels), also minimal for taking horn quest, and at this level he could get all skills what were needed.

So the concept in this case is to go to Raid Boss spawn place, buff character with Prophet's, Warcryer's buffs, Blade Dancer's dances and Sword Singer's songs, basicaly all what you can give for attack speed, speed, power attack, criticals rate, criticals power.

Now it's important to know if Raid Boss due to hit strikes back some damage. If not it's easy DO NOT give any Vampiric Rage buffs, else depends if for example you can use item like Zaken's Earring (you can wear it or dissarm if needed). Just have in mind that, on Destro you need to be under 30% of HP to get all power attack / scrticals strength / attack speed bonuses from Frenzy / Zealot. (Heh that was times where Frenzy and Zealot could work together at the same time). :))

After buffs, you have to lewer your Orc's HP to proper level, now you need to do this quick to save as much time of buffs for later so...
  1. Give all buffs, 
  2. lower Orc's HP, 
  3. now quick dances, songs, 
  4. Prophecy of Fire or Chant of Victory (it's returns some of the HP, so make sure Orc's HP is still on proper level, or use different order)
  5. Frenzy, Zealot, Rage (all what you need and can help in combat)

... now log off your character as fast as possible.

Now with another character (like pretender to quest) you can wait for Raid Boss, wait till someone start to kill it, feel the right time, log in and take your chance to last hit it.

Timing is everything.

What are your benefits of doing it:
  • if you login in the right time, you are full buffed
  • while your character is offline (frenzy and other skills are recovering), you are starting with frenzy and having another frenzy just in case
  • if there is a lot of people, that is very common problem, and they can see you are preparing your orc (ie. lowering his HP) there is a huge chance someone will heal you (hate those bastards), but if you log in later there is a chance they will see you just when it is too late :)

It won't be a very effective way if your computer is old, like very old. You have to know how long it takes you to login on second account, and till Raid Boss will appear on screen (earlier you should probably prepare a macro to target that Raid, that save some time).

You can actually make yourself a lot of enemies, couse of very rude KS, but in my case there were always like hundred people waiting to just last hit, so noone would ever know who took the prize. :P

Also I am not saying it works every time, but in my case it worked few times like a charm.














Pigs.














No comments:

Post a Comment